Clear all

[Episode III Part II] The Evacuation of Vos Pilati

8 Posts
5 Users
1 Likes
(@montivalbricks)
Player New Republic 3rd Fleet
Topic starter

In the ruins of VOS PILATI, Allied forces evacuate the refugees of Ra'un. A lightly damaged private landing pad is pressed into service as a medlifter loading point.

A TIC ground crewman waves a medlifter in, guiding it with his signal wands. Behind him, a SAR team follows their mouse droid towards an exploding building.

A New Republic trooper guides a shaken refugee to the evacuation point.

Ra'uni listen to a New Republic trooper describe how they will load onto the medlifter, and be flown to a Republic Mobile Surgical Unit. Loaded on a repulsor-gurney behind them is a badly wounded stormtrooper.

This topic was modified 1 year ago by MontivalBricks

Posted : 08/04/2023 11:29 am
Eyrezer
(@eyrezer)
Member Followers of the Force

Nice offsetting of the platform. The figs are particularly well done especially the heavily robes natives.

Followers of the Force
New Jedi Order
https://www.flickr.com/photos/eyrezer/

Posted : 08/04/2023 8:18 pm
(@montivalbricks)
Topic starter

@eyrezer Thanks! Wanting to angle the platform really drove the minimum footprint.

Posted : 09/04/2023 7:33 am
(@rocketboy)
Honorable Member Admin Followers of the Force

That gurney is underrated. The scale on this one is insane, but I guess to actually land a ship, you need a lot of space, huh.
The rocks and foliage that you've got work so well, I wish there were more and they were a more prominent feature to give the build even more character. But super solid work.

Leader of the New Jedi Order | SWFactions GM

Posted : 12/04/2023 4:19 pm
Spud The Viking
(@spud-the-viking)
Member Pentastar Alignment

This entry has earned 20 XP

Leader of The Pentastar Alignment | GM

Posted : 24/04/2023 1:28 pm
(@montivalbricks)
Topic starter

Posted by: @rocketboy

That gurney is underrated. The scale on this one is insane, but I guess to actually land a ship, you need a lot of space, huh.
The rocks and foliage that you've got work so well, I wish there were more and they were a more prominent feature to give the build even more character. But super solid work.

Thanks! The gurney is the last vestige of my overambitious original plan, so it will probably show up later when I recycle the other ideas I had. The landing pad is about the right size for Jerac's X-wing to fit without overhang - ships take up a lot of room!

I hear you on the landscaping. I had some larger rock formations that I just couldn't get to blend into the ground the way I wanted them to, and I'll strive for more foliage next time.

Posted : 25/04/2023 4:59 am
The Stuartn
(@the-stuartn)
Member New Republic 3rd Fleet

This is an awesome build, the size is very ambitious, and I really like all the ground details and the awesome stretcher design

Posted : 26/04/2023 12:42 am
(@montivalbricks)
Topic starter

Thanks! The stretcher will definitely be making return appearances. 

Posted : 14/05/2023 8:10 am