Clear all

Slow and Steady Wins the Race [Gran Prix]

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@cyrusbuilds)
Member Followers of the Force
Topic starter

Dwet Tsemp was not usually a particularly fast racer. And 'not particularly fast' usually meant crossing the finish line after most others had already been given medals, popped and imbibed fizzy alcoholic beverages, and passed out. His racing machines were usually... unique. To put it kindly. Others preferred flash, style, and - well - speed. But this time, Dwet knew his tread-bike had something that most other racers on Haruun Kal lacked. Reliability.

"Get out of the way, space-slug!"

Dwet smiled to himself as the flimsy swoop bike swept by him. They had just entered the lowlands, where toxic mists attacked both riders and their vehicles. While most racers were aware of the need for breathing masks, fewer realized how quickly the mists could corrode unshielded vehicles...

*CRASH*

He trundled past the smoking wreckage of the swoop that had passed him moments before, its front durasteel bars eaten completely through by the corrosive toxins. No one was laughing at him or his sturdy tread-bike now!

Spoiler
Additional Photos

Dwet Tsemp and his tread-bike

Posted : 01/03/2024 8:38 am
(@simulterious)
Reputable Member

Creative, and strange. The monowheel design is compact in a way that convinces me it could actually work, though I'm not the biggest fan of the yellow. Not much to say about the more classic speeder bike - it works. For some reason the angle of the exhaust pipes on the former one seem a bit off, like the ship would constantly be pointing downward. A delightfully creative entry still - perhaps having a small stand would have worked to tie both ships together a cohesive whole more? 

Posted : 09/03/2024 8:34 pm
(@cyrusbuilds)
Member Followers of the Force
Topic starter

@simulterious Thanks again for the feedback! I wish I had time to build a stand or ground for the racers, but alas.

Posted : 11/03/2024 5:17 pm
(@rocketboy)
Honorable Member Admin Followers of the Force

Story story story!!! What a treat.

The wheel is an eyesore and I mean that as a compliment (the actual design is airtight, just the right level of detail, well done). The editing on this one is great!

Leader of the New Jedi Order | SWFactions GM

Posted : 12/03/2024 10:21 pm
Shockwave bricks
(@shockwave-bricks)
Faction Leader

Said it many time but LOVE the tread bike! such a cool idea and perfectly executed

Posted : 12/04/2024 2:44 pm