[Episode III Part II] Grysk temple assault

4 Posts
4 Users
1 Likes
Anton_Bricks
(@anton_bricks)
Member Imperial Consortium
Topic starter

All factions have teamed up against the galaxy invaders behind the Unistar conglomerate, the Scaoth! Heading into the unknown regions, our miscellaneous army arrives at Ra'un, the home planet of the Scaoth. After managing to land in the surface of the grey and orange planet, far from their target (the Scaoth temple dreadnought) our heroes began to move through the hostile and deadly territory. Rock labyrinths, treacherous cliffs, sulfuric lakes ... The demanding environment makes it very difficult to keep fighting the horde of strandcasts and aliens, even so they finally make it to the mountains, where the Grysk temple stood imposingly. But the army of strandcasts commanded by the prophet won't let them get through easily.

Spoiler
Building process

This build started with the pattern just before the stairs. I decided to use a dark orange and dbg color palette, with some touches of nougat, and chose black for the lattice and the two bonfires.

Next, the stairs were built, and the rockwork was started. It was quite challenging, as I've used up every slope and wedge pieces I had in dbg.

But the center of this model is the lattice, where I've spent most of the time, as it is very unstable. I tried to give it more rounded shapes that would break with the classic straight lines, giving it an organic look.

Lastly, the rest of the rockwork was built and the water was added, using lime, sand and dark green covered with trans black tiles.

This was a very fun model to build, and although the lattice broke 3 times, I managed to include it in the build. Hope this little breakdown can help someone, and remember that feedback is always very welcome! 

This topic was modified 1 year ago 5 times by Anton_Bricks

Posted : 22/03/2023 7:57 pm
(@cosmic-studios)
Member Pentastar Alignment

Cool Mando and mosaic detail!

Posted : 01/04/2023 2:55 am
(@darth-bjorn)
Illustrious Member Admin Crim Empire

This is a really creative piece! The rockwork is a bit rough, and it would be a nice finish if you hid the green baseplate at the Bottom. The gate, and the floor looks soo soo good. Great work!

Crim Empire | GM

Posted : 12/04/2023 9:24 am
Spud The Viking
(@spud-the-viking)
Member Pentastar Alignment

This entry has earned 20 XP

Leader of The Pentastar Alignment | GM

Posted : 24/04/2023 1:04 pm