[Episode III- Part II] The Battle for Jol Laxus City

8 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
thepigeon24
(@thepigeon24)
Player Crim Empire
Topic starter

β€œThis is Overseer, new objectives have come in. All available troops are to move to the Scaoth Bastion. Expect heavy casualties. All lifeforms to come in the way of our advance are to be classified as hostile and are to be immediately removed from combat,”

Β 

The sky above was covered by great streaks of dark-gray smoke. The sounds of blaster shots, screams of pain and explosions echoed throughout the hollow and empty streets; a grand, violent orchestra of war.Β 

The city lay in ruins, century-old structures reduced to ragged rubble. The air in the markets and alleys were full of fine dust as well as the toxic smog which covered the world of Ra'un.

Β 

Blaster shots blazed through the air all around them. The soldier quickly ducked behind cover, wiping the sweat of his brow with his torn gloves. Troops in their dark-gray armor hurried from one place to another, grasping desperately at their blasters, firing at the never ending waves of Scaoth troops. He could see the warriors of the Horde charging at them, a ferocious zeal in their eyes. The tank next to him fired terrifying salvos of heavy fire at the incoming troop. Scores of Scaoth troops fell towards the ground with their flesh torn and their armor broken. But as more and more fell more emerged from the frenzy to overrun their position.Β 

He grabbed his gun and emerged from his cover. He began firing aimlessly at the wave of red and white. Adrenaline rushed through his blood. He watched as a building a few dozen meters in front of him explode, dust and pieces of rock scattering everywhere. He wondered if he would ever leave this barren world.

Β 

This topic was modified 1 year ago by thepigeon24

Posted : 31/03/2023 12:21 pm
(@cosmic-studios)
Member Pentastar Alignment

The tank was a great touch!

Posted : 01/04/2023 2:56 am
(@darth-bjorn)
Illustrious Member Admin Crim Empire

Great tank, and the building with a splash of dark red is really nice! I could wish for a few more props, to make the street a bit messy.. πŸ˜‰

Crim Empire | GM

Posted : 12/04/2023 9:33 am
(@rocketboy)
Honorable Member Admin Followers of the Force

The tank is a great addition.Β 
My feedback:

I think both buildings could use a few more details. Doors, windows, piping, that kind of thing, really adds to the texture of what might otherwise be kind of a flat wall.

It feels a bit like a random street on a city planet, without anything to really make it stand out as Ra'un.

That said, the texturing on both the street and buildings is great, as is the fig posing!Β 

Leader of the New Jedi Order | SWFactions GM

Posted : 12/04/2023 3:24 pm
thepigeon24
(@thepigeon24)
Player Crim Empire
Topic starter

@cosmic-studios Thank you!

Β 

Posted : 13/04/2023 11:35 am
thepigeon24
(@thepigeon24)
Player Crim Empire
Topic starter

@darth-bjorn I'll try to add more props in the future. The feedback is much appreciated.

Posted : 13/04/2023 11:36 am
thepigeon24
(@thepigeon24)
Player Crim Empire
Topic starter

@rocketboy Thank you! The tank has to be my favorite part of the build.

I agree, I could've added more details and props to this build to distinguish it more from any other planet. I'll definately keep this in mind when building in the future.

Posted : 13/04/2023 11:37 am
Spud The Viking
(@spud-the-viking)
Member Pentastar Alignment

This entry has earned 20 XP

Leader of The Pentastar Alignment | GM

Posted : 24/04/2023 1:08 pm