Clear all

Episode III - Part II: The Dye Gate of Vos Pilati

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@netherdawn)
Member Pirate Collective
Topic starter

The pirate collective evacuate the native Ra'un of Vos Pilati (and the Allied force medical teams) to a new life of permanent employment in Hutt Space!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/195444152@N04/52801842874/in/dateposted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/195444152@N04/52801835854/in/dateposted-public/

Spoiler
Interiors

Spoiler
Inspiration

I was inspired by the the description of plants in Ra'un planet debrief. I figured any significant population would live in an area with significant bio density. I imagined these great sheets of mycellium spreading across the ground, with tubules and their gross, little spore producing proboscis rising up from the wreath. I also took a lot of design ideas from the lego succulent set.

The Ra'un are described as always clothed, to distinguish these from say, sand people, I decided that they would dress spectacularly. Towns are not just where people live but centres of industry and trade. As the Ra'un are an occupied pre-space flight people on a designated feudal world - I wanted to have the people maintain archaic practices and localise the technology to collaborators and the occupiers. 
For any Ra'uni to not be shipped off to a factory they must be producing something of value, and as the Ra'uni dress colourfully I decided that was because of the unique flora that could be turned into dyes. I built a dye works inspired by the Moroccan tanneries.

I originally wanted many more buildings for the town but my ambition is usually larger than my ability or brick collection. I also built as I went and a town may have benefitted from having a sketch before hand. I could have forgone the wall, but it said they lived in walled cities.

An additional theme of the build was to highlight the folly of inviting pirates to a joint military operation

Another aspect was I wanted the build to have no bad angles. It was 360 viewable

This topic was modified 1 year ago 2 times by Netherdawn

Posted : 08/04/2023 10:47 am
(@cosmic-studios)
Member Pentastar Alignment

Lots of popping colors, cool architecture, and love all the builds rooms/features!

Posted : 08/04/2023 1:29 pm
(@rocketboy)
Honorable Member Admin Followers of the Force

This is such a feast. So many different sections, all so interesting to look at. Full interiors, unique architecture, cool figs (the guy with the biker vibes goes so hard), multiple different scenes, alien foliage...just, man. What a sumptuous meal. 
I LOVE the Dye vats. That's such a great idea, and it looks so good.

Leader of the New Jedi Order | SWFactions GM

Posted : 12/04/2023 4:08 pm
Eyrezer
(@eyrezer)
Member Followers of the Force

Great build ifor the episode. All the fully kitted out interiors and thought-through scenes and backstory. It’s also a larger than I gathered from the wip. Really fantastic! 

It was also nice reading the ideas behind it and explaining the dye cats etc. Love it!

Followers of the Force
New Jedi Order
https://www.flickr.com/photos/eyrezer/

Posted : 12/04/2023 7:32 pm
Spud The Viking
(@spud-the-viking)
Member Pentastar Alignment

This entry has earned 29 XP

Leader of The Pentastar Alignment | GM

Posted : 24/04/2023 1:25 pm